These job postings are managed individually by Chamber Members; please address any applications or requests for information to the Member.
Interested in posting your employment opportunity here? This service is free for Members of the Chamber of Commerce. Please login to the Member Centre here to create your job posting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
May include some or all of the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reads job order and observes and listens to equipment in operation to determine malfunction and plans work procedures.
- Installs fuel injection nozzles and pumps, changes or recharges batteries, and replaces transmissions, hydraulic systems and component parts.
- Examines protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices on equipment, and makes adjustments.
- Lubricates moving parts and drives repaired equipment to verify conformance to specifications.
- Fabricates special lifting or towing attachments, hydraulic systems, shields, or other devices according to blueprints or schematic drawings.
- Removes, replaces, and repairs tires, undercarriages, and earth moving and timber harvesting attachments.
- Enters a legible description of work performed onto the work orders.
- Maintains and cares for the shop tools and equipment.
- Maintains a clean work area and performs miscellaneous housekeeping duties associated with the job.
- Insures work is performed safely and safe work procedures are followed throughout the department.
- Reads schematics denoting operating specifications for unit or component and type of evaluation required.
- Continues to work on revenue producing work as needed
- Tests unit for conformance with operating requirements such as specified horsepower and lifting performance.
- Helps ensure that our new and used whole goods are in good working conditions
- Examines protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices on equipment and makes adjustments when necessary
- Fabricates special lifting or towing attachments, hydraulic systems, shields or other devices according to blueprints or schematic drawings.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Skill, and/or Experience Requirements:
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; plus a minimum of 3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rates and percent.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
This person must possess a valid driver’s license and Forklift Certification. Heavy Equipment Mechanic Certification is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet however hearing protection must be used as prescribed by the company.
In accordance with the Nortrax Accommodation Policy, reasonable accommodation of any of these qualifications may be considered.
This job description does not include a complete listing of all the duties and functions of the position. Management reserves the right to assign other duties or projects as necessary.
Together, we are the catalyst for a stronger business community.
To be recognized as Thunder Bay’s leading business organization, providing maximum opportunity to its members and advocating for business and community health, growth and economic prosperity.