These job postings are managed individually by Chamber Members; please address any applications or requests for information to the Member.
Interested in posting your employment opportunity here? This service is free for Members of the Chamber of Commerce. Please login to the Member Centre here to create your job posting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(Other duties may be assigned)
- Represents the company for the sale of machinery to customers in a defined sales area.
- Must keep current on product knowledge, features and benefits of all equipment potentially saleable by the company.
- Keep abreast of competitive activity and competitive products. Keep abreast of trends in our customer's business that will affect the products these customers will buy today and into the future.
- Maintain, as directed by the General Manager, current and complete Sales Management information for all customers in the assigned territory.
- Maintain company vehicle and other equipment (e.g. computer) as assigned.
- With assistance as assigned, conduct field demonstrations.
- Maintain in good, usable and current condition (electronic and/or paper as directed) all manuals, price lists and other documents given the individual by the company. Accurately complete all documents related to sales transactions.
- Have a good knowledge of used equipment values and be able to evaluate properly for trading purposes.
- Approve receipt of all whole goods and verify completeness of receipt by comparing to whole good order.
- Work in conjunction with General Manager, responsible for follow-up and expediting of whole good orders.
- Proactively manage the customer relationship and proactively service the needs of an assigned listing of accounts and/or the trade area for the sales department;
- Develop and implement an “account by account” strategic plan designed to achieve the sales marketing and financial objectives for each assigned customer and for the assigned trade area;
- Maintain Nortrax’s customer database with respect to call reports, sales forecasts, customer contact information, equipment fleet details, lost sales reports and special requirements of the customers that will allow us to Set the Standard of Excellence in sales & marketing. The maintenance of our databases on a “100% right, 100% of the time” basis will provide us with a distinct competitive advantage that will, over time, assist Nortrax to sell more new and used equipment.
Health and Safety:
It is our expectation that all Nortrax Employees will conduct their work in a safe manner, abide by all Nortrax safety policies and report all hazardous conditions and unsafe work procedures.
Majority of the time will be traveling to visit local customers, suppliers, job-sites and machine locations;
Minimum Qualifications and Skills:
- Good understanding of local conditions with a knowledge of sale and resale values of particular machinery.
- Must be a self-starter
- Good communication and inter-personal skills
- Good computer skills
- Associate degree or equivalent in work experience.
In accordance with the Nortrax Accommodation Policy, reasonable accommodation of any of these qualifications may be considered.
This job description does not include a complete listing of all the duties and functions of the position. Management reserves the right to assign other duties or projects as necessary.
Together, we are the catalyst for a stronger business community.
To be recognized as Thunder Bay’s leading business organization, providing maximum opportunity to its members and advocating for business and community health, growth and economic prosperity.