Business Development Centres
Thunder Bay CEDC is responsible for business development, business retention and expansion, entrepreneurial support, opportunity promotion, and the collection and assessment of key business data. We can help with community information and statistics, networking and referrals, assistance in site selection, and labour market data.
Thunder Bay CEDC receives formal proposals on projects that will contribute to economic development. It responds quickly to new opportunities and initiatives to attract direct financial involvement from government and private sectors. CEDC's staff will assist your business with attaining essential information for decision making.
Located within CEDC's administrative office, the Thunder Bay and District Entrepreneur Centre provides cutting-edge, accurate and clear information through workshops, consultations and business plan reviews rooted in a strong customer service approach.
The Thunder Bay & District Entrepreneur Centre is funded through a partnership between the Province of Ontario and the City of Thunder Bay. We help you determine what you need to do before, during and after launching your business. Entrepreneur Centre services include:
- Free consultations with a qualified business consultant
- Internet and computer access for business research and planning
- Review of business plans
- Free workshops and seminars
- Guidance on licenses, permits, registration, regulations and other forms and documents required to start and build a business
- Import and export information
- Information on patents, copyright and trademarks
- Phone: (807) 625-3960