Artists and/or Artisans#ChooseTBay First Online Retailer Directory#ChooseTBayFirst Retailer DirectoryRetail - Specialty
Wed - Fri 11am to 7pm
Sat - Sun 10am to 4pm
located downtown Thunder Bay
Sister Bear Designs is a family of artists and makers from Lac Des Mille Lacs First Nation in Northwestern Ontario. Three sisters (Valerie, Kathleen and Malinda) had a desire to share the beauty of their Anishinaabe ancestral knowledge, strength and resilience. With generations of knowledge to work with, Sister Bear Designs creates fine jewelry/products infused with Anishinaabe teachings and style, with the designs and creative process inspired by the natural changing of seasons. The sisters use materials gathered from their home territory when possible and their creations come from what they see/feel on the land and water.
Sister Bear Designs also offers a variety of indigenous made personal care, housewares, clothing, foods and herbs. It is truly a culturally safe indigenous retail experience located at Goods&Co Market, downtown Thunder Bay.
- Anishinaabe Fine Beadwork/Wearable Art
- Indigenous Foods - Wild Rice, Tea, Dried Bison, Pemmican, Birch Sap Drinks
- Language Revitalization - housewares, clothing, foods, art
- Self Care - Sweetgrass, Sage, Cedar candles, soaps, bath salts, liquid smudge, aromatherapy mist, beard oil/balm
- Reconcili-ACTION Professional Development/Workshop Series